I’ve been feeling a little anxious and out of my skin today. So, I thought, why not make a post about positive things to make me feel better. Just thinking about the things on this list already made me smile.
1. A good hair day. When you feel slightly better about yourself because somehow externally, none of your inner turmoil or anxiety is showing and this makes you feel even better and then you get this endless loop of positivity.
2. Watching a film with a happy ending. This really makes me feel great and of course, most of the time I only watch movies with happy endings. It’s kind of a weakness of mine because I absolutely hate it when a movie ends with the guy not getting the girl or if someone dies. There have been a few exceptions though, including Call Me By Your Name, Me Before You and others that I can’t think of right now.
3. Good music. You know that feeling when you just discover this amazing song and you end up kinda looping it in a playlist for days on end. I love that. Listening to my old favourites makes me feel calm too. Or even finding a song that you never knew the title to. Ah yes, the satisfaction.
4. Reading a good book. Whether it’s a new book or re-reading an old favourite. This just makes my heart warm and I feel so comfortable in my bubble. This book is amazing, I love it and nothing can ruin this moment for me.
5. Being with friends. That moment when you catch up with your friends or even just hanging out with them. I cherish these moments because I’m graduating soon and who knows where we’ll all end up. I’m a little worried that we might drift apart but I’ll try my utmost best to not let that happen.
6. Choosing clothes that you like on the first try. Okay, I usually have a hard time choosing what to wear in the morning. Yes, I’m such a typical girl, whatever. But it’s really satisfying when you pick the right outfit right from the get-go and you know that it’s going to be a good day.
7. Falling asleep to the sound of rain. When it rains at night (minus the thunder), it feels cooler and the sound of the rain just kind of lulls me to sleeps.
8. Finding money. It’s like a treat to yourself from yourself when you find cash at random places. I sometimes find them in my pockets or my bags. Instant mood lifter.
9. Getting compliments. Thank you to those that deem me worthy of your praises. I mean, everyone likes compliments :))
10. A nap. This may seem so underrated but sleep or even the thought of a nap later in the day gets me through the day. It’s amazing what catching a couple of Zs can do to my mood.
11. Looking through old photographs. I recently went through my album on my old phone and it kinda brought back some great memories. Just reminiscing about the past makes me warm and bubbly inside.
12. A cup of coffee or tea. They always ask, “Coffee or tea?” I say, both. There’s no comparison to the warmth you feel in a cup of joy, caffeine and all things good in the world.
These are just some of the things that I’ve thought of so far. Let me know about the things that make you feel good too :))